August 07th, 2012
(BlackMediaScoop) t is a moment which shows every parent’s worse nightmare. As parents Tevita and Glory are sitting with their one-year-old child in McDonald’s, she suddenly begins to choke on a fry.
The baby stops breathing, resulting in the worried mom and dad rushing to the counter of the Sydney restaurant to try and get assistance from staff.
As these incredible pictures show, a number of staff members and customers gathered around trying to help. With Nevaeh lying on the counter of the fast food shop, people rub her back energetically in order to try and dislodge the fry. Her mom can be seen crying in horror as her little girl battles for life.
In another image, one person holds his ear close to the girl to see if she’s breathing. Restaurant manager James Hatcher told Channel Nine’s A Current Affair show that when he started trying to dislodge the fry, 14-month-old Nevaeh was already turning blue. He told how her distraught mum was shouting: ‘Save my baby, she’s choking, she’s not breathing.’
Emergency staff gave instructions over the phone to some of the McDonald’s staff members. A customer in the drive-through section of the restaurant also left her car to help. Customer Naomi Donovan said: ‘At the time I grabbed her she was limp, really limp, going blue she wasn’t breathing.
‘She’s in my hands, I’m staring at her parents screaming and crying.’ The youngster eventually started breathing again after three long minutes for the parents.